- Associated Press - Monday, December 21, 2015

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - The Maine fire marshal’s office says a man who was critically injured when his fleece pajamas caught fire has died.

Investigators say 80-year-old Myron McLaughlin was smoking while sitting in a living room when the fire occurred Friday evening at Franklin Towers in Portland.

Firefighters responded when his smoke detector went off.

McLaughlin was treated at Maine Medical Center for burns over 60 percent of his body. Officials say he died on Sunday.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide