- Associated Press - Thursday, December 24, 2015

ACCOMAC, Va. (AP) - Officials say that a 61-year-old man was burned when a boiler exploded at a chicken plant in Virginia.

Parksley Volunteer Fire Chief Philip Kelly tells The Virginian-Pilot (https://bit.ly/1QYN7kD ) that the explosion at the Purdue and Valley Proteins facility was reported around 3:20 a.m. on Thursday.

Kelly said the explosion caused part of the building to collapse.

The injured man was taken by helicopter to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. Kelly said the man suffered first and second-degree burns, but his condition was not immediately known.


Information from: The Virginian-Pilot, https://pilotonline.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide