- Associated Press - Friday, December 25, 2015

SACO, Maine (AP) - Authorities in Maine say smoking likely sparked a fire that killed a man inside a mobile home in Saco (SAH’-koh).

State police identified the victim as 76-year-old Larry Tenan. The fire was reported at 1:45 a.m. Friday in the Blue Haven Mobile Home Park.

Fire marshals say they’re looking at smoking as the likely cause of the fire.

State police say firefighters had been dispatched to the home recently for a mattress fire that was also caused by smoking.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide