- Associated Press - Saturday, December 26, 2015

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Las Vegas firefighters say ashes from a backyard fire pit led to a neighboring home catching fire and displacing two people.

Fire officials say crews were called to Don Gasper Avenue and Lake Mead around 4:30 a.m. Saturday where an outside fire had spread to a house.

Las Vegas fire spokesman Tim Szymanski says firefighters put out the fire within minutes.

A man in the house tried to extinguish it with a garden hose but suffered minor smoke inhalation. He was treated at the scene.

Investigators say strong winds blew hot ashes from the pit, which had been lit for a party the night before, to the roof of the house next door.

They say the fire caused $10,000 damage to the home’s exterior.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide