- Associated Press - Monday, December 28, 2015

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - A man has been injured after a gas line from his kitchen stove apparently erupted in flames at a home near downtown Lincoln.

The Lincoln Journal Star reports (https://bit.ly/1TmtvGg ) that the man was transported to a hospital with injuries that might be life-threatening.

City Fire Inspector Damon Robbins says a caregiver found the man inside the house around 11:30 p.m. The man was outside the house and covered in a blanket when firefighters arrived.

Robbins says that inside the home, a 2-foot flame was shooting from a broken gas line, and the stove had apparently been moved. There was no apparent damage to the building.

Officials are investigating the incident.



___

Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, https://www.journalstar.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide