- Associated Press - Monday, December 28, 2015

NAMPA, Idaho (AP) - Authorities have identified the southwest Idaho married couple found dead in their home as 90-year-old Mildred Thompson and 88-year-old Thomas Thompson.

Canyon County Coroner Vicki DeGeus-Morris tells the Idaho Statesman (https://bit.ly/1PthSOM) in a story Monday that the couple likely died due to carbon monoxide poisoning after a vehicle was left running in the garage.

Their bodies were found Thursday.

DeGeus-Morris says the key in the vehicle was in the ‘on’ position but the vehicle had run out of gas. She believes the car was accidentally left running due to forgetfulness.

She says lab results aren’t back so she can’t yet confirm carbon monoxide as the cause of death.



She says investigators found no signs of foul play.

___

Information from: Idaho Statesman, https://www.idahostatesman.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide