- Associated Press - Monday, December 28, 2015

CORAOPOLIS, Pa. (AP) - Officials say smoking caused an oxygen tank to explode in a western Pennsylvania home, injuring a husband and wife.

Coraopolis Fire Chief Larry Byrge tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that a 59-year-old woman was smoking in a house when the tank exploded around 10 p.m. Sunday. He says the woman was severely burned and her 60-year-old husband burned his hands while trying to help her.

It’s unclear what their conditions are.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide