- Associated Press - Monday, December 28, 2015

MONMOUTH, Maine (AP) - The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has fined Sabattus-based AD Electric Inc. more than $15,000 for violating safety regulations.

The Kennebec Journal reports (https://bit.ly/1mKlhgP ) the penalty stems from a May 5 blaze that destroyed the company’s warehouse on South Monmouth Road in Monmouth.

Officials say $1 million worth of inventory was lost in the fire that caused numerous large explosions and sent black smoke billowing into the sky so thick that it was reportedly visible from the State House in Augusta.

Three employees were in the building when the fire started. One was treated for second- and third-degree burns.

OSHA says the violations range from failure to provide proper equipment to neglecting employee training.



AD Electric owner Andrew Deditch didn’t return requests for comment.

___

Information from: Kennebec Journal, https://www.kjonline.com/

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide