- Associated Press - Tuesday, December 29, 2015

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - Kanawha County Emergency Management workers are assessing damage caused by Christmas Day flooding.

Officials say residents who sustained significant property damage can report it by calling the Kanawha County Planning Department at 804-357-0570. The office will log all property damage, complete damage assessments and work with the state to determine if the amount of damage is sufficient to seek federal assistance.

Kanawha County emergency managers say they answered more than 650 calls during a 4 1/2-hour period on Christmas Day.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide