- Associated Press - Thursday, December 3, 2015

MANLIUS TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Police say an explosion at a storage unit where medical marijuana was being grown has injured a man and killed his dog in western Michigan.

The man had no ties to the marijuana and was visiting a different unit Thursday in Allegan County’s Manlius Township.

Kristopher TenHarmsel tells WOOD-TV that he was growing “fully legal” medical marijuana. He believes the explosion was caused by a malfunctioning heater that uses propane.

TenHarmsel says the explosion destroyed his plants and equipment. The explosion could be heard for miles. Debris was found hundreds of yards away.

Doug DeJonge, who lives next to the storage facility, tells the Holland Sentinel that his house shook and pictures fell off the wall.

___

This story has been corrected to correct the spelling of the dateline.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide