- Associated Press - Monday, December 7, 2015

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - A 75-year-old Indianapolis man has died in a fire at a duplex home on the city’s east side.

Firefighters responded to the residence just before 7 p.m. Sunday and found the man dead of smoke inhalation. Investigators believe the fire ignited after the man fell asleep while smoking in bed and using an oxygen tank.

The homeowner and neighbors told firefighters that they repeatedly warned the man about the dangers of smoking while using oxygen, smoking in the basement and improperly discarding cigarette butts.

Two other people were able to evacuate the home without injuries.

Authorities haven’t released the man’s identity.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide