- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 10, 2015

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - Six buildings at the College of Charleston have been closed after school officials say a bomb threat was received. That threat led to an erroneous alert transmitted to students that a bomb had been found.

School spokesman Mike Robertson said Charleston police received a call Tuesday morning that two bombs had been placed in school buildings.

A notification sent to students through the email and phone alert system Cougar Alert indicated that a bomb was located. But Robertson said that notification was in error.

While officers continue to search the buildings, including a residence hall, the college said evening classes were expected to be held beginning at 5:30 p.m.

County emergency officials using a phone alert system contacted those living within a six-block radius asking them to shelter in place.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide