- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 10, 2015

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - Students were briefly evacuated from a school in New Jersey’s capital city after a trash can fire was discovered in a bathroom.

The fire at the Mott elementary school in Trenton was discovered around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in a first-floor boys’ bathroom. It was quickly extinguished, and no injuries were reported.

The Times of Trenton (https://bit.ly/1CegdUL) reports that students were evacuated from the Stokely Avenue school and taken to the lobby of a building on nearby Lalor Avenue. They were allowed to return to their school about 40 minutes.


Information from: The (Trenton, N.J.) Times, https://www.nj.com/times

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide