- Associated Press - Thursday, February 12, 2015

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - A man accused of shooting another man inside a busy Memphis mall last year has entered a plea and faces 14 years in prison.

District Attorney General Amy Weirich’s office said in a news release that 21-year-old Otis Reddic Jr. was sentenced in Criminal Court after entering an Alford plea Wednesday to attempted second-degree murder, employing a firearm in the commission of a dangerous felony and seven counts of reckless endangerment.

An Alford plea allows a defendant to maintain his innocence while acknowledging the likelihood of conviction.

Injured in the shooting on March 6 was 22-year-old Theodis Pitchford. The release said Reddic fired once with a small handgun at Pitchford, prompting seven people in the area to flee.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide