- Associated Press - Sunday, February 15, 2015

ORANGEBURG, S.C. (AP) - Orangeburg County authorities say a preliminary investigation shows a mother and young son have died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Investigators tell multiple media outlets that the 27-year-old mother and her 7-year-old son were found dead Saturday evening inside a home.

The coroner’s office hasn’t identified the two. Autopsies to determine the official cause of death are scheduled for Monday.

But Sheriff Leroy Ravenell says the preliminary shows exhaust from a heating appliance caused the deaths. He reminded people to be careful when using such appliances in their homes, especially as temperatures drop in the coming days.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide