- Associated Press - Monday, February 16, 2015

NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (AP) - Two men have been injured in an explosion and fire touched off when gasoline fumes ignited in a North Platte garage.

Authorities say firefighters from all three North Platte stations were sent to the scene on Saturday afternoon. Fire marshal George Lewis says the two were working on a motorcycle fuel line or fuel filter in the detached garage when the gas fumes were set off by a propane heater.

Both men were taken to Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center in Lincoln, where they were listed in critical condition on Monday. They were identified as Brent Farley and his son, Nathaniel.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide