- Associated Press - Monday, February 16, 2015

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Authorities in western Pennsylvania say flammable items that were too close to a space heater could have started an early morning fire that killed a woman.

Pittsburgh public safety officials cited the possible cause Monday in the blaze that killed 73-year-old Rose Pressley on Friday.

Authorities said police initially responded to a 1:40 a.m. Friday call to 911 and found smoke coming from the basement of the East Hills home. The blaze spread, causing the first floor to collapse.

The medical examiner’s office said Pressley died of thermal and inhalation injuries in the blaze early Friday. Her death was ruled accidental.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide