- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 17, 2015

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The family of a man who overdosed on methadone at the Minneapolis Veterans Home in 2012 is suing the state Department of Veterans Affairs.

The lawsuit alleges administrators at the state-run home were not closely monitoring how much medication Gerald Bain was taking before he died. The 61-year-old Air Force veteran was living at the facility. James Bain says his brother’s roommate had voiced concerns about Gerald Bain’s drug addiction so staff members should have been keeping a close eye on his medication.

James Bain says when it came time to refill his prescription, his brother received a month’s worth of pills and he “ate them up like candy.”

The Star Tribune (https://strib.mn/1CDKPiF ) says the attorney general is seeking to have the suit dismissed and to recover attorney’s fees.

___



Information from: Star Tribune, https://www.startribune.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide