- Associated Press - Monday, February 2, 2015

KENNEWICK, Wash. (AP) - A Kennewick, Washington, woman called by a medical alert company to check on a disabled neighbor initially had trouble getting the neighbor’s door lock code to work, then noticed smoke coming from the chimney and heard her neighbor yelling for help.

The Tri-City Herald reports (https://is.gd/3DzHdK ) that Dori Roberson called 911 once she realized there was a fire, then continued trying to unlock Karen O’Conner’s door. Roberson managed to get into the duplex Monday morning and found smoke everywhere. She was unable to move O’Conner on her own but firefighters soon arrived and carried the woman out. Medics treated O’Conner for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters say the blaze started near a recently installed baseboard heater in a back bedroom of the adjacent unit.

___

Information from: Tri-City Herald, https://www.tri-cityherald.com


Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide