- Associated Press - Friday, February 20, 2015

BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) - A family dog is to thank for awakening a Vermont family of three to a fire in their apartment.

The American Red Cross says it believes there were no smoke detectors or fire extinguishers in their apartment in Sharon. The fire broke out Thursday night.

The family of three, including an infant, escaped the fire with only the clothing they were wearing.

Red Cross volunteers provided them with assistance.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide