- Associated Press - Friday, February 20, 2015

AUGUSTA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Repairs are being made at a Michigan high school stadium following last year’s death of a 13-year-old boy who was shocked at a football game.

Lincoln Consolidated Schools Superintendent Ellen Bonter tells The Ann Arbor News (https://bit.ly/1ARhDY7 ) that the work is progressing. She says the school district also now has a preventive maintenance schedule to examine all school facilities.

Investigators have said a missing ground line and short circuit from a field light caused the death of Lincoln Middle School student Christian Lorinczy, who was electrocuted Sept. 30 at the Lincoln High School football field. He died at a hospital three days later.

The boy was playing catch with several other students on the sidelines when he came into contact with a fence on a ramp and was shocked.

___

Information from: The Ann Arbor News, https://www.mlive.com/ann-arbor


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide