- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 3, 2015

PARK FALLS, Wis. (AP) - Authorities say 30 people were checked or treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after a leak occurred at a movie theater in Price County

Park Falls Police Chief Scott Straetz says his department got a call shortly before 10 p.m. Monday because a woman was having a seizure at the Park Theatre. He says when officers arrived another woman fainted, which led them to believe there was a carbon monoxide leak.

Straetz says the fire department later confirmed the leak with their testing equipment. He says some people were transported by ambulance to the hospital and others drove themselves. WAOW-TV (https://bit.ly/1DrdVRn ) reports none of the cases were life threatening.

Experts will check the furnace and hot water heater Tuesday, both of which were disabled following the incident.


Information from: WAOW-TV, https://www.waow.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More

Click to Hide