- Associated Press - Wednesday, February 4, 2015

MURRAY, Utah (AP) - Fire officials say a welding spark is believed to have caused a two-alarm blaze that injured a shop owner and gutted a mechanic shop overnight in Murray.

Murray Deputy Fire Marshal Pat Killion tells KSL-TV (https://bit.ly/1uXpJX2 ) a man was treated at University of Utah Hospital after firefighters were called about 7:15 p.m. Tuesday to find flames burning through the roof of the building near Interstate 15 and West 4500 South.

The man’s name wasn’t immediately made public. He was being treated for second-degree burns and smoke inhalation.

A neighboring church and a nearby business also were damaged while firefighters spent more than an hour dousing the fire.

Killion calls the mechanic shop a total loss.

___

Information from: KSL-TV, https://www.ksl.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide