- Associated Press - Monday, February 9, 2015

RENO, Nev. (AP) - Washoe County Health District officials say they now have ruled out the possibility that a student at Spanish Springs elementary school student has measles.

Nevada Chief Medical Officer Dr. Tracey Green told a legislative panel in Carson City on Friday that two cases of measles have been confirmed in Nevada, both in the Las Vegas area.

The case at Spanish Springs had been considered “probable” last week, along with one in Fallon where a house was under quarantine.

But Washoe County Health District spokesman Phil Ulibarri confirmed in a statement late Monday that test results on the student at Spanish Springs are “negative.” He says there are “zero” cases confirmed in Washoe County.

There’s been no update on the Fallon case.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide