- Associated Press - Monday, February 9, 2015

CHICAGO (AP) - Police and family say a 13-year-old boy was shot and killed in Chicago while he was recording a confrontation involving his two older sisters.

Authorities say Anthony Diaz was pronounced dead late Sunday at Mount Sinai Hospital. His stepfather, Ralph Otero, says the teen sneaked out around 10 p.m. with his sisters to go confront other girls about an argument on Facebook.

The shooting happened about a block from Otero’s house on Chicago’s Northwest Side. Police say a man walked up to the group and shot Diaz in the side, and four shell casings were found in the snow next to his body.

Otero says he and his wife were asleep when one of the sisters called to tell them Diaz had been shot. He says Diaz was “not a troubled kid” and had just watched a Chicago Bulls game with him before the shooting.

Police say no arrests have been made.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide