- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 14, 2015

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - More than 500 people were sickened by carbon monoxide in Minnesota last year and 22 others died from the odorless gas.

The Minnesota Department of Health says the deaths are the highest number since at least the 1990s. The 514 poisoning cases reported to the Minnesota Poison Control System are up nearly 30 percent from the year before.

In the latest case, 53-year-old Lisa Marie Kantorowicz and 56-year-old Cheryl Carmel Adams were found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning in their Lindstrom home Monday. Officials say the home’s furnace was clogged and the vents were covered with ice outside. The women did not have a carbon monoxide detector.

Lakes Area Police Chief Kevin Stenson tells the Star Tribune (https://strib.mn/1zb86cN ) that it’s tragic because the deaths could have been prevented with a detector.

___



Information from: Star Tribune, https://www.startribune.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide