- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 20, 2015

SALEM, N.H. (AP) - Firefighters say a Salem, New Hampshire, man is in critical condition after a fire at his home that was caused by an improperly installed vent pipe for a wood stove.

Assistant Fire Chief Paul Parisi tells WMUR-TV (https://bit.ly/1yEhNh3) the man suffered second- and third-degree burns to his head, face and chest area.

Parisi said the man called 911 at about 7:15 a.m. Tuesday. Smoke detectors in the home woke him up.

He said the vent pipe degraded the wood around it over time.


Information from: WZID-FM, https://www.wzid.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide