- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 21, 2015

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) - Hospitals in a northeastern Indiana county that includes Fort Wayne have lifted visitor restrictions imposed last month amid a surge in influenza cases.

Allen County’s city-county health department said Tuesday the county’s hospitals have all lifted visitor restrictions that included limiting patient visits to adults 18 and older.

The Journal Gazette reports (https://ow.ly/HErMi ) the department says eight people died from the flu and its complications in Fort Wayne and other parts of the county.

Because flu cases are declining and are now at a typical level for this time of the year, the agency says the hospital-wide restrictions are no longer necessary.

Temporary restrictions in high-risk areas such as neonatal intensive care units will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

___

Information from: The Journal Gazette, https://www.journalgazette.net


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide