- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 21, 2015

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Kansas City firefighters have extinguished a fire at a restaurant that recently reopened after the original location was leveled nearly two years ago in a deadly explosion.

The Kansas City Star (https://bit.ly/1zwTTqW ) reports that the new JJ’s restaurant near the upscale County Club Plaza shopping and entertainment district had to be evacuated Wednesday morning because of heavy smoke. Battalion Chief Jeff Johnson of the fire department said there weren’t injuries and described the damage as “minimal.”

JJ’s co-owner Jimmy Frantze said the restaurant opened for lunch after a visit from a city health official.

JJ’s re-opened in November. The business has been closed since February 2013, when the explosion caused by a natural gas leak killed server Megan Cramer, destroyed the restaurant and damaged two neighboring buildings.


Information from: The Kansas City Star, https://www.kcstar.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide