- Associated Press - Monday, January 26, 2015

SPARKS, Nev. (AP) - Fire officials say a man burned in house fire in Sparks told authorities he was cooking hash oil from homegrown marijuana when butane he was using exploded.

The man, a woman and several dogs were outside the home on C Street when firefighters arrived a little after 5:30 p.m. Sunday to find a small fire and lots of smoke.

KOLO-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1ymshhN ) the man was taken to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno with burns to his upper body.

Police were investigating the report that the man grew legal marijuana inside the home.


Information from: KOLO-TV, https://www.kolotv.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide