- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 27, 2015

KALISPELL, Mont. (AP) - A yellow Labrador that barely survived a house fire in Olney is in stable condition and recovering from burns suffered in a Jan. 18 blaze.

The Daily Inter Lake reports (https://bit.ly/1wzzFFJ ) Annie Oakley suffered from burns on her hips and thigh so deep that some of her muscle tissue was scorched.

Veterinarian technician Megan Evans picked up the dog and brought her back to Flathead Pet Emergency near Kalispell, where Dr. Dean Aldridge is donating facility space.

A week after the fire, Annie’s condition is stabilizing, the swelling caused by the burns is going down and she has had surgery to remove some dead tissue.

Evans says she’d like to get Annie back to her owner with no outstanding vet bills. An online fundraising effort has brought in more than $5,600 and local businesses are also taking donations.

___

Online: https://www.gofundme.com/klvvj0

___

Information from: Daily Inter Lake, https://www.dailyinterlake.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide