- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 27, 2015

LENOIR, N.C. (AP) - Authorities in Lenoir say a man has died in a house fire believed to have started near a wood stove.

Multiple media outlets report firefighters responded to a call to a home just after 11 p.m. Monday, and when they arrived, they say a woman was standing outside and said that her husband was still inside the house.

When firefighters broke through the front door and went inside, they found the man.

Police identified the man as 53-year-old Bobby Neal Martin Jr. He was carried him outside, but emergency personnel was unable to save him.

One firefighter was injured while attempting to climb a ladder and officials said he required stitches.

Investigators say the fire started near a wood stove inside the home.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide