- Associated Press - Friday, January 30, 2015

BAD AXE, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say a heater explosion prompted them to help track down nearly 70 gallons of contaminated kerosene recently sold by a Bad Axe store.

The Huron County sheriff’s department says kerosene purchased after 8 a.m. Tuesday at Bad Axe Mini Market could pose a fire threat. Investigators determined that a supplier accidentally put gasoline into a kerosene storage tank. It was all accounted for as of Friday.

The sheriff’s office says the mixture is hazardous to auxiliary heating units or other uses. Sheriff Kelly Hanson says the person injured in Thursday morning’s Hume Township explosion sought treatment at a hospital due to smoke inhalation. Hanson says two other unconfirmed incidents were reported, including a small fire.

Store employees used receipts and video footage to help identify customers who bought kerosene.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide