- Associated Press - Sunday, January 4, 2015

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - Officials in Delaware say a fire that caused an estimated $85,000 in damage to a home in Wilmington was accidental.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office said Sunday that the fire was caused by a faulty wood-burning fireplace.

The Fire Marshal’s Office says Saturday’s fire spread to the first and second floors of the home in the 200 block of West Summit Avenue before being contained.

The Fire Marshal’s Office says three adults and one child were displaced as a result of the fire but no one was injured.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide