- Associated Press - Sunday, January 4, 2015

ADAMSBURG, Pa. (AP) - State police have identified a 77-year-old woman who died after a fire that started with an electrical problem in her basement.

Troopers from Greensburg say the fire was reported about 7:45 a.m. Sunday in the Adamsburg section of Hempfield Township, Westmoreland County. That’s about 25 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Fire crews found Betty Lee Houston unresponsive in a bedroom. She was pronounced dead after being taken to Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital.

The county coroner says she died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide