- Associated Press - Monday, January 5, 2015

ROY, Utah (AP) - Authorities in Utah say five people escaped a pre-dawn house fire, including two children who were hospitalized for treatment of smoke inhalation.

KSL-TV reports (https://bit.ly/14dtAYQ ) that fire officials think a space heater might have sparked the fire about 4:30 a.m. Monday at a home near 1900 West and 4900 South in Roy.

Officials say a woman arrived home from work and put the two small children in a crib in a room with a space heater about 40 minutes before the children’s uncle awoke to find smoke and flames.

The uncle is credited with rescuing the children while fire damaged the front of the house.


Information from: KSL-TV, https://www.ksl.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide