- Associated Press - Monday, January 5, 2015

UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) - An 82-year-old man was able to run out of his burning southwestern Pennsylvania home, but collapsed and died from inhaling smoke and fumes.

The Fayette County coroner says the dead man is Charles Edward Hartman. He lived in Georges Township, near Uniontown, about 40 miles south of Pittsburgh.

His house caught fire about 4 a.m. Sunday, but he was able to get out before collapsing about 30 feet from the structure.

An autopsy determined he also suffered some significant burns.

A state police fire marshal was still trying to pinpoint the cause of the fire, but it’s believed to be an accident. It spread quickly through the two-story, wood-frame house.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide