- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 6, 2015

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Patients and employees on one floor of an Albuquerque hospital were briefly evacuated because of a reported smoke odor.

Albuquerque Fire Department officials say firefighters didn’t smell smoke but instead noticed an electrical odor on the ninth floor of the downtown Loveless Hospital on Tuesday afternoon.

They say a melted motor in the HVAC system was discovered.

There were no injuries and all patients and employees later returned to the ninth floor.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide