- Associated Press - Thursday, January 8, 2015

READING, Pa. (AP) - Officials say a fire that killed a Reading couple likely started when a radiator ignited a package of adult diapers leaning against it.

Lt. Jeremy Searfoss of the fire marshal’s office tells the Reading Eagle (https://bit.ly/1zX817P) that the plastic packaging probably caught fire as a result of heat from the radiator. The fire then spread to the wall and engulfed the front of the row house.

72-year-old Pedro Morales and 71-year-old Miriam Vega died in the Dec. 28 blaze. Both had Alzheimer’s disease.

One of the couple’s daughters reported the fire but was unable to get her parents out in time.

___

Information from: Reading Eagle, https://www.readingeagle.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide