- Associated Press - Thursday, January 8, 2015

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - The 911 call was alarming. Portland police say the caller reported an incendiary device had been thrown into a home with two children inside. Smoke was reported coming from the home.

When police, firefighters and bomb squad members raced to the scene Thursday, they found something quite different. Apparently a family dog had chewed on the TV remote control and damaged one of the lithium batteries, which started to smoke. Sgt. Pete Simpson says the kids in the home ran out and told other children and someone called 911.

As Simpson puts it, “Obviously the report was grossly inaccurate.”

Police found the two children safe at a neighbor’s house, the four family dogs “running all over the place” and no damage beyond the remote control.

The culprit wasn’t immediately identified. Says Simpson, “We don’t know which dog did it.”

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide