- Associated Press - Friday, January 9, 2015

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Authorities in Charlotte say a kerosene heater is to blame for an early morning house fire that displaced four adults and two children.

The Charlotte Observer reports (https://bit.ly/1BPAGhd) that the Charlotte Fire Department says there were no injuries in Friday’s fire.

According to the fire department, a kerosene heater being too close to combustible material started the fire just after 2 a.m.

It took 23 firefighters less than 15 minutes to get the flames under control at the single-family home. Property damage was estimated at $10,000.

Officials with the American Red Cross said its Volunteer Disaster Reaction Team will provide food, shelter, clothing and other items as needed.

___

Information from: The Charlotte Observer, https://www.charlotteobserver.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide