- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 1, 2015

BENTON HARBOR, Mich. (AP) - Police say a 14-year-old boy had his left hand blown off by a homemade firework device in southwestern Michigan.

The Benton Harbor Department of Public Safety says the child and a 12-year-old boy were injured on Tuesday afternoon.

Officers responded and the boys were hospitalized for treatment. Police say the 12-year-old had minor injuries to his face.

Police didn’t immediately know how the boys got the firework device. The department warns that adult supervision is needed for any firework use.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide