By Associated Press - Friday, July 10, 2015

BEAVERTON, Ore. (AP) - A fire damaged eight rooms and four vehicles at a Shilo Inn in Beaverton.

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue says the blaze was reported Friday shortly after 4 a.m. Firefighters arrived to find evacuated guests, and flames spreading up the hotel’s exterior siding.

Department spokeswoman Cassandra Ulven says the blaze was contained within 10 minutes, but firefighters stayed longer to make sure hot spots in the walls and attic did not rekindle.

There were no injuries.

Ulven says an investigator thinks the fire was started by an improperly discarded cigarette that ignited bark dust.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide