- Associated Press - Friday, July 10, 2015

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A federal judge in Orlando has ruled there won’t be a change of venue in the civil lawsuit filed against Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston by the woman who accused him of sexual assault.

Winston’s lawyers asked for the case to be heard in Tallahassee, where the incident occurred. But WESH-TV reports the judge ruled there was no reason to relocate, as both Winston and the plaintiff live in central Florida.

Former Florida State University student Erica Kinsman filed the lawsuit against Winston in April accusing him of rape, assault, false imprisonment and emotional distress. Winston has said they had consensual sex and denied the other allegations.

Winston wasn’t charged, and the university cleared him last year.

The AP generally doesn’t identify people who say they are victims of sexual assault. But Kinsman has told her story publicly in a documentary.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide