By Associated Press - Saturday, July 11, 2015

HENDERSON, Nev. (AP) - Firefighters in Henderson say a fire in an apartment building has displaced two people and caused thousands of dollars in damage.

The Henderson Fire Department says the fire broke out around 6 p.m. Friday at a single-story building on Van Wagenen Street near Pacific Avenue.

Fire department spokeswoman Kathleen Richards says the blaze was contained to one unit and the cause appears to be a kitchen grease fire.

Richards says the resident who was cooking tried to extinguish it before calling 911.

That resident and a neighbor are receiving help in getting temporary shelter from the American Red Cross.



There were no injuries reported.

Richards says the cause is being treated as accidental and the estimated damage is $35,000.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide