CANTON, Ohio (AP) - Authorities in northeast Ohio say two dozen cats have died after a weekend mobile-home fire.
The Canton Repository reports (https://bit.ly/1eVVyhj ) the fire broke out Saturday morning around 10:45. Mike Horn with the Canton Fire Department says the 24 cats likely died from smoke inhalation.
The occupant of the trailer wasn’t at home, and no one else was injured in the fire.
Officials were still determining the cause of the fire, but investigators say they suspect one of the cats might have started the blaze by disturbing wiring in the home.
Information from: The Repository, https://www.cantonrep.com
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.