- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 15, 2015

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) - Heat from a running crematorium furnace started a fire that caused about $100,000 in damage to a Billings Funeral Home.

Deputy Billings Fire Marshal Trever Schilling says the fire at Smith Funeral Chapel was reported at about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The Billings Gazette reports (https://bit.ly/1e0HGBI ) no one was in the building and no injuries were reported.

Schilling says the heat from the furnace ignited nearby combustibles, causing a fire that damaged the roof around the furnace.

The building and its contents were insured.


Information from: The Billings Gazette, https://www.billingsgazette.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide