- Associated Press - Thursday, July 16, 2015

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - President Barack Obama has granted federal disaster assistance to help cover the cost of repairing roads and bridges damaged by flooding this spring in four Wyoming counties.

Federal aid will be made available for infrastructure and emergency response efforts in Niobrara, Johnson, Albany and Platte counties.

Flooding and severe storms between May 24 and June 6 caused damage in all four counties.

The damage included a collapsed bridge at Lusk that will cost millions of dollars to replace. A temporary bridge is being erected until a permanent one can be built.

The federal government will cover 75 percent of the costs, while the state and local governments will cover the remaining 25 percent.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide