- Associated Press - Friday, July 17, 2015

ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - Carbon monoxide poisoning, rather than lightning, may have killed a father and son camping near Aspen.

The bodies of 41-year-old Jeffery Beard and 14-year-old Cameron Beard, both of Colorado Springs, were found in their tent south of the Maroon Bells parking lot Wednesday morning. Beard’s teenage daughter and another son, who were in another tent, weren’t injured.

Pitkin County coroner Dr. Steve Ayers told the Aspen Daily News (https://bit.ly/1I8xwwX) that there apparently was a lightning strike there but the Beards may have also been running a small stove in their tent. He said toxicology tests will look for the presence of carbon monoxide in their bodies. The results aren’t expected for at least two weeks.

___

Information from: Aspen Daily News, https://www.aspendailynews.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide