- Associated Press - Friday, July 17, 2015

KITTANNING, Pa. (AP) - A man has died of smoke inhalation after the kitchen in his western Pennsylvania apartment caught fire.

The Armstrong County coroner says 55-year-old Howard Hopper died Thursday night in the Rayburn Township apartment where he lived alone. That’s about 40 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.

Assistant Fire Chief Todd Ortman says the fire was reported about 9:30 p.m. on the first floor of a two-story building. The apartment complex has a second building which was not affected.

A state police fire marshal was investigating, but Ortman says it appears the fire started on a stove top. It was quickly extinguished but not before Hopper was overcome by smoke.

Hopper was found on a bedroom floor and died before he could be taken to a hospital. The coroner ruled on his cause of death early Friday.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide